What is sales admin – job description – career path
Sale admin (Sales Administrator) is a sales assistant or business secretary position in a business. The sales admin is responsible for coordinating with other departments to support sales activities and promote sales.
During the working process, the sales admin will directly report sales and business situations to the sales director or department head and receive direct instructions from these bosses.
Job Description of Sales Admin
Sales Support job description: the work of the sales admin has its characteristics of authority and coordination.
A Sales Support Specialist assists clients through each step of the sales process, helping them resolve any concerns or questions they may have while processing, tracking, and shipping orders efficiently. They also identify and create lists of potential clients while maintaining databases of sales.
However, in general, sales admins will do the following workgroups:
Support to develop work plans for the business department, monitor the project’s implementation progress and urge the members to complete it.
- Drafting and managing administrative documents related to business activities such as making quotations, offer letters, making contracts, etc.
- Contact customers or partners, consult and support customers in the process of conducting business activities.
Collect and resolve customer feedback on mass media such as on website, social network, forum…
- Update operational data of the sales department to report the results to the company’s leadership…
What is the best career path for administrative assistant?
The job of the sales admin is highly comprehensive, it is not necessary to be too specialized in one field, but it is vital to know business and administration.
Therefore, if you want to pursue a career in sales admin, you should choose to study specialties such as:
- Business Administration
- Commercial business
- Logistics and supply chain management
- Economic law
Having diverse professional knowledge in the field of business or experience working in sales will make it easier for you to succeed in the profession.
However, because schools’ training programs often lean towards academic knowledge, to be able to start a career quickly, you should study more short-term courses in the direction of vocational skills training or take advantage of the opportunity.
What skills does a sales admin need?
In addition to professional knowledge in business, commerce, administration according to the profession of sales admin, you need to have the following skills and qualities:
- Good communication skills to facilitate negotiations and negotiations, in which a good foreign language is an advantage. Good communication skills make it easy to find and build relationships with customers, thereby consulting, negotiating, and negotiating effectively. Good communication also helps you work with members and business leaders more smoothly.
- Good presentation skills To convince customers to trust or love, the sales admin must be confident, skillful, have an attractive interpretation, and hit the customer’s psychology. In some cases, the sales admin also has to present his project (or department) in front of other departments, departments and superiors for the project to be approved.
- Good teamwork skills Sale admin must regularly coordinate with other departments to work in a unified whole, especially the sales and sales department. Good teamwork will create a team that understands, unites and is ready to support each other, working more smoothly and smoothly.
- The initiative in work the personality that needs to be careful and meticulous, the ability to synthesize well, know how to arrange scientific work, the ability to withstand high pressure are very necessary qualities for a sales adnin. Because sales admin is a profession that always faces sales pressure, difficult customers, related departments lack of support…
- Proficient in office computing word processing skills will help sales admins make plans, make business results reports, or offer letters, contracts… easily.
- Knowing how to take care of your appearance to make a good impression on customers is also an advantage for sales admin staff.
What is a sales administrator salary
The national average salary for a Sales Administrator is $48,572 per year in the United States. Filter by location to see Sales Administrator salaries in your area. Salaries estimates are based on 659 salaries submitted anonymously to Glassdoor by Sales Administrator employees. (source: glassdoor)
The salary of sales admin in Viet Nam ranges from 7 to 22.5 million VND / month ($40,00 to $120,00 per year)